The Road-trip Girls (Me, Mom, Heidi, and Kayla) + our new travel buddy, Asa, took a drive out to the Bonneville Salt Flats last week. Unfortunately, the flats were flooded and there was no salt in sight. It was still pretty, and of course the company couldn't have been better, so I still consider the trip a success. We all want to go back together once the water dries up. I always love having plans with these girls to look forwarded to!
A short example of why these girls are great trip/adventure companions-
I thought we had plenty of gas to get us back to Erda, but halfway home I noticed the fuel gauge needle had suddenly dropped to the red empty line. I tried not to panic because I knew I could get us 20 more miles before we truly were out of gas. However, I didn't remember there being any gas stations between Erda and the flats. Long story short, we made it to an overpriced station in the middle of nowhere some 15 minutes later (Felt like an eternity though!) and were just fine. I asked the girls what they would have done if we had indeed run out of gas and Heidi said she would have just laughed. Kayla excitedly exclaimed, "I've never been in a car before when it's run out of gas!" These are the type of people you want to travel with!
Asa really loves holding hands these days. So, so sweet. I wasn't sure if Asa would nap in a car full of people, but he had Nana's hand to hold onto the entire drive and slept soundly while us girls chatted no-so-quietly away.
So, we somehow ended up in Nevada! It was a bit of a thrill to think we were just driving to the westside of Utah and then decide to be spontaneous and keep on going to the next state over. Sure, Wendover is like 10 minutes away from the flats, but still! Thanks Kayla for forgetting your lunch so that we could have an extra adventurous day!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible
0 comments:
Post a Comment