How far along: 17 weeks
How big is baby: The baby is 5 ounces (the weight of a turnip) and is about 5 inches long from head to bottom.
Total weight gain: 5 pounds
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I do have to use the hair elastic trick on some of my pants.
Sleep: Sleep is a little hit and miss right now, but that's due to a teething baby rather than pregnancy.
Symptoms: Round ligament pain is my biggest complaint at the moment. I never experienced this with Asa, so the first time I found myself out on a walk wincing with each step I had no idea what was going on. I was worried it was something serious, but relieved to find out after a chat with the midwife that it is annoyingly painful but not threatening to me or the baby.
Stretch marks: Nope. I didn't get any stretch marks with my first pregnancy and I am crossing my fingers that maybe I'll get lucky again.
Best moment of the week: I went to a baby shower for a friend from our old ward that I got to know well through visiting teaching. It was so nice to visit and celebrate with so many wonderful women/fellow mommies. Sometimes when I worry about the world that our children have to grow up in, I remind myself of how many good people are out there, like these friends of mine!
Food cravings/aversions: I love roast beef sandwiches at the moment! Also, Patrick picked up some beet hummus from Costco for me and I can't stay out of it.
Movement: I'm pretty sure I've been feeling some movement during the night and also while nursing Asa. I think the fight for Mommy's attention may already be starting!
Gender: Surprise, surprise! I know most people think we are crazy for not finding out, but the moment we first met Asa and found out we had a little boy was so magical. I can't imagine it any other way! With my first pregnancy, I would have betted money that the baby was going to be a boy. I am not so positive this time around. I go back and forth every few days. This week I am guessing another boy.
What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment is the big ultrasound. (In midwifery you typically only have a 20 week ultrasound unless more are medically necessary.) Even though we aren't finding out the gender I am so looking forward to seeing our little one. It definitely makes it all feel so much more real. I still have days where I have a hard time believing that I am growing another baby!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible

0 comments:
Post a Comment