When Asa was born, Patrick and I decided that we would seriously start talking about when to have another baby after he turned one. However, back in February I started feeling strongly that there was a baby waiting to join our family and sooner than later! I thought Patrick would think I was crazy to bring up this conversation so it took me a little time to work up the courage. I ended up not having anything to worry about because Patrick was really open to the idea, especially since we've always known we wanted our children to be close in age. So I finished out my last couple of weeks of the mini-pill and that was that. I was still breastfeeding Asa and my menstrual cycle hadn't returned yet so I really didn't think we'd get pregnant immediately, but miracle of miracles! We had a positive pregnancy test by the end of March!
I wanted to tell Patrick that we were pregnant in some cute and clever way but I just couldn't hold the news in long enough to come up with something. So the day I found out, Asa and I shared a little poem with Patrick that we had thrown together. "Roses are red, violets are blue. Better buy Mama her Mazda 5 so she can drive around Asa and Baby Marks #2!" Patrick is anti-minivan but he does approve of the Mazda 5. So I've always joked that when we have another baby he has to buy me one. Anyway, Patrick was shocked by the news, "How did that happen?! Aren't you on birth control?" Apparently he didn't realize when I asked if I could stop the mini-pill I meant right away. Haha! The shock turned into excitement and we all celebrated by dancing around the kitchen.
I knew weeks before getting a positive test that we were pregnant. I was over at my parents' house for the afternoon and found myself absolutely exhausted from loading up Asa and the diaper bag to head home. I said something to my mom like, "I am so tired I swear that I am pregnant!" That brought on this whole conversation about how my mom wasn't ever able to get pregnant while breastfeeding and daughters are often similar to their moms with those things, etc. Even though I was nodding and saying stuff like, "You're probably right," I knew. A couple weeks later while eating lunch at In-N-Out my mom asked if I was pregnant and was so, so surprised when I answered with a YES!
We had decided to move in to my parents' basement apartment the week before we found out about the new baby. That decision turned out to be a huge blessing because I had such bad morning sickness and my mom was able to help out with Asa on the really rough mornings. Most mornings I had to lay on the floor while Asa played only getting up to feed him or change his diaper. I felt so pathetic but Asa thought climbing on Mommy was a really fun game. I am so grateful to be past the first trimester!
After moving to Erda, I thought my plan was to drive into Salt Lake to see the midwives at Better Birth because we had loved our experience there with Asa's birth. I still did a quick Google search to see what options were available in Tooele county. I was ecstatic to find out the one of the midwives from Better Birth had moved to Tooele and opened a birthing center. Amy had always been one of my favorite midwives because my appointments with her just felt like I was visiting with a good girlfriend who happened to know a ton about babies and birth. I scheduled a tour of Tooele Midwifery and felt it was the right choice for this birth. I talked it over with Patrick because I wanted to make sure he was on board with another natural birth and his response was, "I can't imagine it any other way." We are grateful to not have to worry about driving into SLC during the winter and wondering if we'll make it in time if I have another short labor. A random side note, Amy has the most awesome birthing tub and I get really, really excited for labor whenever I think about it!
My body is remembering all too well how to make room for a baby. Even though the baby is only about the size of an apple I am looking about as pregnant as I did when I was 20+ weeks pregnant with Asa. I don't mind too much. Having a little bump makes everything seem more real.
We are so excited for our early Christmas gift this year and know the holidays will be extra special because we'll get to spend them getting to know the newest member of our little family!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible

0 comments:
Post a Comment