A Dream to Remember...

I typically don't remember my dreams or even dreaming at all. When I was pregnant with Asa, I suddenly started having crazy dreams almost nightly and pregnancy #2 is shaping out to be the same. I had to write down somewhere my favorite pregnancy dream to date and since this blog acts as my journal, it looks like you get to enjoy it too.

In my dream, I am super pregnant because I am once again way past my due date. Asa and I had driven into SLC to attend a class at the Kindermusik studio. I run into Ms. Carol in the hallway and she is shocked to see us because the baby could be arriving anytime. I tell her something like I'm going stir-crazy waiting around so Asa and I are just trying to stay busy. Of course I start going into labor during the middle of Asa's class (It was probably all the jumping around during a circle dance that got things started!) and since we now live 45 minutes away and I have short labors I start panicking because I don't think I can make it back to Tooele in time for my midwife to deliver the baby. I tell Ms.Carol and the other Kindermusik teachers that they are going to have to deliver the baby. They get excited and are all being their happy, singing selves as they run around the studio trying to setup for the birth. However, I am dead set on having another water birth. Ms. Carol offers the bathtub at her home since it is close by but I refuse saying that it won't be big enough for me to be comfortable in. After the ladies do some quick thinking we load up in the car and drive to the nearest stake house. They fill up the baptismal font just in time for Baby Marks to make his/her appearance! 

I laugh every time I think about this dream but the truth is, if my midwife was unavailable to deliver the baby and I had to be left in inexperienced hands, these are probably the women I would choose to be there instead! They are such dear friends and some of the very best women and mommies I know.  They have always been 100% supportive of me as a teacher and just as much so with the goals and choices I've made in my personal life.

I am so grateful that a bad nanny position led to the most amazing teaching opportunity. It's interesting to look back and see how things worked out for the very best. It is bittersweet to being ending my time with the studio. I know it is a right choice for me and our little family, but I sure will miss these women!


Back row: Katie, Me, Patrice
Front: Carol, Anna

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible

0 comments:

Post a Comment