Morning Adventures

Asa and I start nearly every morning with an adventure that goes something like this…

After putting on our hats and shoes, Asa bursts through the front door talking away while wildly gesturing with his arms. This boy loves being outside so much. I think in all his excitement he's trying to talk about and point at everything all at once.
Our first stop is always the "vroom-vroom" to inspect the wheels.


Next, we take our stroller walk. Going for walks is one of my very favorite things to do and I am grateful Asa enjoys it a lot too.


Our route is usually determined by what animals we want to see that day. Lately we are all about visiting the neighborhood horses. Nana has been letting us pick carrots from the garden to feed to them.


Asa likes to hold a carrot while riding in the stroller and I keep an eye out to make sure he doesn't drop it.
Obviously I need to do a better job…


We lost this carrot before we got to the horses and found it on the way home smashed to pieces by a car.

When we get close to the horses, Asa starts making his braying sounds and signing "eat." 
I am not sure who gets more excited for snack time- Asa or the horses!


I have to remind Asa to let go of the carrot after he offers it to the horse. That horse has an intimidating set of chompers and I'm sure Asa's chubby fingers look as tasty as the carrots!



Our walks often include visiting cows, chickens, turkeys, puppy dogs, and if we are lucky, spotting some wild rabbits.


When we get home, we stop at the mailbox because Asa loves checking the mail. Nana and Papa have been sending Asa postcards and notes and he hangs them on the fridge after carrying them inside the house all by himself.



After bringing the mail to the house, we walk to the sprinkler and watch it for awhile. We practice turning the water off and on.

Our next stop is the garden. There are some wild kittens that hide in the garden shed and we like to sneak as quietly as we can inside to try and catch a glimpse of them. Asa goes crazy making kitty cat sounds when we do see them.

Asa makes his rounds in the garden doing important things like shaking the hoses, helping fill the watering cans, digging in the dirt, and collecting rocks.



We always seem to end our morning by sitting on Papa's tractor. Asa jingles the keys and steers the wheel while I sing a medley of all the farm and tractor related songs I know from my years of teaching preschool and Kindermusik. There's a lot of them!



Next to being close to my parents, our morning adventures are the best thing about living in Erda. This is how I've always imagined my children growing up; fresh air, open spaces, permission to explore and get dirty, animals to see and care for, "helping" with the garden… 
This just feels like how childhood should be to me!
We may not end up on a farm or even in a rural setting, but my goal is to find a way to provide these experiences wherever we do settle down.
For right now it sure is nice that adventure is right outside our front door!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible

0 comments:

Post a Comment