We found Asa the cutest little elephant costume at the children's consignment store here in Tooele. It was a $6 well spent! Asa requested to wear his costume anytime it was clean by running into the closet, pointing up to it, and making his elephant sound. We had a solid month of Asa adventuring around as an elephant.
Patrick and I wanted simple costumes to wear that tied in with Asa's elephant. We came up with the idea to be "Safari Adventurers." We threw everything together with stuff from around our house (and Nana's).
We celebrated Halloween at the Motor Vu Drive-In's neighborhood party.
The event included free burgers and hot dogs, trunk-or-treating, and an outdoor movie. I thought if I held Asa in my lap while in the car he would eventually fall asleep and we could stay for the movie. However, he was so thrilled to be sitting in the front seat within reach of all the car's buttons, knobs, and the steering wheel that within a few minutes we knew our little plan wasn't going to work. We didn't want to get kicked out for honking the horn or flashing our lights on and off during the movie.
We'll try again next year!
I brought Asa some special snacks for his pumpkin basket since I am "that mom" who doesn't let her toddler have sugar. He spent most of the evening lounging in a camping chair while eating his way through a container of sweet potato puffs. Everyone who walked past got a good chuckle and commented on how darling he was. I don't think Asa could have had a happier time!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello We are OddThemes, Our name came from the fact that we are UNIQUE. We specialize in designing premium looking fully customizable highly responsive blogger templates. We at OddThemes do carry a philosophy that: Nothing Is Impossible



0 comments:
Post a Comment